When you choose to commit to any goal or pursuit, it’s always a good idea to set your intentions up-front and your reasons for doing so. This is a key step, especially when planning a juice cleanse. Intentions determine the direction we want to take and will help positively affect our overall mentality and attitude during the process.
Why juice cleanse?
Juicing allows you to consume pounds of fresh vegetables and fruits, without the fiber, providing a very concentrated, easily digestible stream of beneficial nutrients directly to your body.
A juice cleanse is good way to help reset healthy living and form better habits. It is a way to directly flush the body with beneficial nutrients, detox, increase energy levels, boost immunity, and build up the gut. A juice cleanse isn’t a quick fix; it’s a way of nourishing your body with the long-term goal of better overall health.
While a juice cleanse is a fantastic way to reboot your system, you want to make sure you are going in with a clear idea of what to anticipate. It’s important to have realistic expectations in mind, to ensure you can really crush those goals! Not all cleanses are the same. There are different levels and variations of juice cleanses which can easily be customized to suit your individual needs.
To help you get a sense of what’s involved, a good intro (or taster) to a juice cleanse can simply be one day of consuming just fresh, organic juice. If you feel ready, or are more experienced with the process, you can try more intensive types of juice cleansing. This typically means 3-5 days of consuming only juice and water. There is also the alternative option of drinking juice during the day for 3-5 days and having a nutritious, plant-based meal for dinner. This approach may feel more accessible and realistic, particularly for those with more active lifestyles.
Ultimately, when it comes to the type or approach to juice cleansing, the choice is yours, and should enhance, rather than hinder your lifestyle!
- Clean out any junk food or unhealthy snacks from the fridge/pantry so you aren’t tempted.
- Tell close friends and family about your cleanse so they know what to expect and can better support you.
- Continue to drink plenty of water, just because you are juicing does not mean you should drink less. Hydrate up! Hot water and herbal tea are totally fine too.
- Despite what rumors you may have heard you won’t be running to the bathroom constantly during your cleanse, no need to take time off from work. Choose a cleanse that fits your lifestyle.
- Love your daily caffeine hit? It’s not the end of the world if you still have caffeinated tea or a black coffee. You can still benefit from a cleanse and keep some of the things you love.
- Bring an icepack and insulated lunchbox if you are traveling with juice. Juice tastes better cold and you don’t want to risk unrefrigerated juices spoiling.
Lulu Green's Cleansing Philosophy
A healthy lifestyle isn’t about losing weight. It keeps you healthy and happy. Let’s start with healthy eating habits. You can stick to your healthy eating plan or cleanse simply by planning ahead or ordering wholesome, ready-made drinks and meals.
*THESE STATEMENTS HAVE NOT BEEN EVALUATED BY THE FOOD AND DRUG ADMINISTRATION. THIS PRODUCT IS NOT INTENDED TO DIAGNOSE, TREAT, CURE, OR PREVENT ANY DISEASE.
Please do not attempt a juice cleanse if you are pregnant or nursing. Please consult with your healthcare practitioner before starting a juice cleanse if you are taking medication, have a health condition, or if you are otherwise under medical supervision. A juice cleanse can alter the efficacy of certain medications.